So today (actually yesterday, but I didn't get round to posting until today and YIL just isn't a thing right?) was the penultimate day of the first sprint on our current project, (which I'll detail in a separate post at a later date) and as such was a busy day as we prepare for the end of sprint demo to the client.
Anyway, rather than bore on I wrote a list of the things I learnt today whilst doing my bit;
- how to install and use grunt
- a little bit of coffeescript, and that I have a bit of a tech crush on coffeescript <swoon/>
- that function returns are implicit in coffeescript syntax - I think we just had our first lover's tiff
- that notepad++ screws your coffeescript outdents up (grrr!), but sublime text doesn't (yay!) +1 for sublime text
- that all good things come to those who node
So there you have it, a few little things for me to remember, posting this article should help in that respect. Also it's a good way to document the variety of technology used in my day to day role, I think it's fair to say I am a developer (technology agnostic) rather than a .NET developer, which has been the case for a while in both this and my last role, today just helps to remind me of that.
One final thought, taking the time to list out, or just think about, what you learnt on a particularly busy day at work is a good way to boost your confidence in your own abilities, plus it helps to remind me that what I most enjoy is learning new things and that I'm glad to have a role that allows me to do that.
Right that's all folks, bye for now,